Saturday, April 7, 2018

Scrap the Boys - April 2018

During my Easter scrapping time, I decided to join in with Scrap the Boys!

This month the challenge is to use geometric shapes.

When I found this old photo of my husband in his old Balmain tigers jersey, plus some wood veneer triangles, I was set!

I also used the chance to add an orange Charms Creations chevron {perfect match!}, so I can share this page and challenge over there this month!

 
I glued the triangles to the page. Then painted white gesso over the whole page, triangles and all. I also added more triangles to the page, using Colour Blast Colour Paste in Snow White through a triangle stencil.
 
Then I added colour using Colour Artist Inks (from Colour Blast): I used Spice, Cider and Citrus, plus some black soot to accent and splatter.
 
(I won't lie, things got really messy on this page. But somehow it came together, despite the few muddy patches - lol)

Here is a close up of the Charms, with some Flutterby stickers, a Dlish Flair and other bits and pieces.




 
By the time my page was nearly finished, I noticed that Cocoa Vanilla Studio was this month's sponsor... and I had not included a single CVS thing... then I found some orange enamel pluses from a pack and add them as a cute touch to finish.
 
So that's it! It was fun to take time out and do a challenge page. I don't seem to always have time each month to do that. Yay for Easter scrap sessions.
 
Thanks for looking,
Amanda
 

11 comments:

sue said...

So awesome, Amanda!! <3 <3 Thanks for joining the STB challenge :)

Rachel said...

Very cool Amanda, totally love your take on our challenge! Thank you for joining us this month at Scrap the Boys.

Unknown said...

I love triangles! Your layout Looks gorgeous!
Thank you for joining us at Scrap The Boys!

greetings from Germany,
Birgit

Heike`sAugenBlick said...

Oh Amanda this page is so amazing I love it !! Well done !! Thank you so much for joining us at STB!! xoxo Heike

Unknown said...

love your background word you did on this page !! thank for joining us at STB and good luck :)

Sandra said...

Way cool Amanda, I love that the triangles are drawn around the colour. Thanks for joining us at STB.

Helen Wallace said...

Fun and funky in the bright orange with great interpretation of the mood board. Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Boys.

Jackie xxx said...

Fantastic layout, thanks for joining STB.

Taru Jehkonen said...

Great details and lovely page! Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Boys!!

Melinda Sweetman said...

I love your messy background and great take on the challenge this month! Thanks for joining us at STB this month!

Michael Sheen said...

Thanks for sharing these excellent ideas. I have got a lot of new things from your ideas.

Best trimmers