Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Off the Rails - JUNE challenge

I had a go at the challenge for OFF THE RAILS this month!

It is a monochromatic challenge.
Junes mood board

And because I had just been to the Brisbane Papercraft/Scrapbooking Show and bought by official first pot of Colour Blast texture paste in Just Blue, that's where I started!

Pop Up Image

Here is my page and some close ups:


To create this background:

I used Colour Blast Just Blue Texture Paste through my Dusty Attic triangles stencil.
I then used my pale blue watercolours to wash across the background.
Scrappy-Arty genius Lisa Oxley, once showed me how to use house paint to dribble on the background. I had an old sample pot of white paint and I managed to dribble some of this onto the page from the end of a on old paint brush.

 
Some great Aussie handmade stuff to embellish:
Burdys embellies - Blue cogs
Rainbow Splendour - Wood Veneer pluses
Corbett Creations - Wood veneer little chick
Charms Creations - DIY plus, which I was able to colour with the Colour Blast paste mixed with some water. (Love the coloured effect it produced!)
 






Thanks for looking!
Amanda

4 comments:

Peg said...

I love your page Amanda! Great background, photos, and journalling. I'm a little jealous you have an early bird though, all mine are night owls and the battle to wake them in the morning is real, haha.
Thanks for playing at OTR this month too x

Lizzy Hill said...

Wow! That blue is stunning & you've used it so well with the triangle mask! Really lovely MM work - lovely to have you joining us at OTR this month:):)

Tania said...

Fabulous page and that background looks awesome! Thanks for joining us at OTR :)

Louise Turner Scrapbooker said...

Yep, the triangles are fabulous and I'm totally loving the paste too! I love the memory aspect of this page. Great embellishing too.
Thanks for joining us at Off the Rails Scrapbooking.
Louise xo