Monday, April 20, 2015

Altered Charms Creations

Hi everyone,

Charmane recently made us some of these....

Canvas hearts - we decided, given they were made of canvas, that they would be awesome to alter with mists and inks.

So I had a play and here's what it looked like....
Please note: these photos are when the mist was still a little wet, so the colour is brighter. They took a long time to dry so I used my heat gun.

As I was creating my background, using water and dylusions spray, I put the heart upside down into some of the excess colour on the layout and allowed it to soak into the material. I dripped a few spots of black mist onto it as well.

I also tried using ink and a stamp to lightly stamp on the canvas, although it was hard to see. I used my black posca pen to doodle the black heart on the front. I didn't end up using the heart like this, but I do like the effect and think it would great on a grungy kinda page!

Not totally happy with the heart for this layout, I flipped it upside down, and well....
 I liked it like that!!!! ;)




So..... here is my final layout, and a close up......


You can see that the colours of the Charms upside down were much better suited to the soft colours in the layout.


We would love to see how you alter a Charms Creation - just makes these little beauties SO much more versatile! Have a play like I did and see what you come up with!

Thanks for looking today,
Amanda



No comments: