Thursday, March 17, 2011

SCRAP THE GIRLS

OK, this month over at Scrap the girls the challenge was to use a SHE quote.  Great idea... made me scrap a photo of myself!

Here it is.....
This quote says "She woke up one day and threw away her excuses".  I love this quote.  This photo is the of me about to get on the plane to LA.  My trip to LA was the start of me trying to think in a new way.  To enjoy what is around me and not make excuses for the things that aren't perfect or fantastic.  So I am working on this and  accepting that there are things I can change and some I cannot.  Now I can get on with doing all the things that make me happy and make me appreciate my wonderful life! I find scrapping this kinda thing is so inspiring...

From a scrap perspective, I used the new prima paper with butterflies on it and prima ribbon and flowers (YUM!). But down the side were a whole heap of short bits of ribbon left over from other projects - that I threw on and sewed down!

Thanks for stopping by...
Amanda

4 comments:

LauraLewis said...

Hey Amanda
I love this page and the message so so much. Can you please do one for me. Take any pics from fb if you like and let me know how much it costs you for the materials.

It is so wonderful. If you don't have time. Maybe I can buy the stuff from you and do it for myself.
Love your work you are awesome
Laura

Belinda said...

Great quote!! Love the colours and embellishments, the butterflies look great!

Heather Jacob said...

gorgeous Page ... love the paper and the design .. simply stunning .. hugz x

Paula said...

I love this quote :) gorgeous layout with those papers & flowers.