Sunday, March 20, 2011

GET ORGANISED

Do you ever get to go away for a crop session with the girls? Or have a few hours uninteruppted to scrap?

How do you spend that time? Do you get layouts started and completed? Or do you procrastinate and spend most of the time picking papers, finding embellishments and thinking about layouts and titles?

Next weekend I go on my bi-annual Create-a-weekend - 20 hours of scrapping at scrapbooksetc
On average - I usually complete between 15 and 20 layouts in this weekend.  Hence why I am sometimes called a power scrapper.

Well let me share my secrets with you.

Here's what I am doing this weekend to get ready for next weekend.

1. Sorting my stash - colour coding, embellishment sorting, every thing out of packets - taking stock of what I have, so I can find it in a jiffy.

Alphabet stickers
Flowers

Thickers - colours bundled together

Buttons

Other embellishments

cardstock and chipboard

More embellishments

Brads and things

2. Sort all photos into envelopes - photos picked ready for layouts

3. Get out all my papers, including all those scraps (which are also stored into colour coded bags). This photo is of my scraps - I sit on the X ('x' marks the spot!) where I can see and reach all my papers.

4. Choose an envelope of photos and start picking papers. 

 I will pick some full sheets for the page, plus some scraps from my scrap stash that match

5. Then I'll roughly lay it out - draw a simple sketch if I can and think of some title and journal ideas

6. Put in a pile and REPEAT


8. REPEAT until you have this big stack (had to go to bed at midnight to get this all done!!)

9. Transfer each set of papers and photos into a "Work in progress" album..


10. At the crop - pick a set (the one that inspires you on the day) and start scrapping.

Sometimes (time permitting) I have also chosen letters and embellishments to go with each set too. Not for this weekend though, because I'm taking everything to the crop and know how to find things quickly (cos it's all organised).Cool!

Hope you have enjoy seeing how I do it - share your ideas with me too!

So now I cannot wait until next weekend - I hope to share the finished projects soon!

Amanda

1 comment:

Scarlette said...

Thanks so much for sharing this. I've never been to a crop. My friends all want me to go but I never knew where to begin to pack for one. I imagined I'd go forget/need something at home so I'd never get anything done. I see that it requires some big advance planning. =) I am very grateful for your tips. I will use them to prepare myself to go to a crop for my first time. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks again.